Gloucester Catholic High School
GCHS At A Glance
- Approximately 560 students in grades 9-12;
Approximately 45 students in grades 7-8
- Sending Area
- The student body of this comprehensive high school consists of students from more than 50 parochial and public schools. There is a great deal of diversity in demographics, as well as ability.
- Gloucester Catholic maintains accreditation by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
- Gloucester Catholic is located in southern New Jersey in Gloucester City, across the Delaware River from Philadelphia.
- Curriculum Highlights
- Students follow a core curriculum. Although remedial and business courses are offered, very few courses are not college prep. Students who are designated as “accelerated” in their freshman year follow a more rigorous academic program, consisting largely of honors and Advanced Placement courses, throughout their four years.
- Liturgical program
- Special masses and Penance services are scheduled for the student body during the school year.
- There is a priest who is our Director of Catholic Identity. Forty-seven percent of the faculty are graduates of GCHS. The faculty is composed of 1 priest, 1 deacon, 1 religious sister, and lay personnel. Of these, 24 have a bachelor’s degree, 1 has a masters in fine arts, 14 have one or more master’s degrees, and 1 has a JD. All personnel are encouraged to continue their education through degree-seeking programs as well as professional workshops.
Profile of our Graduating Class of 2017
Click on the following link to view the colleges in which Class of 2017 graduates were accepted:
Click on the link below to see a list of prominent colleges attended by GC graduates from 2013 to 2017:
Click on the link below to see list of GC alums currently attending Ivy League universities:
Click on the link below to see how our graduates stack up by the numbers:
Profile of our Graduating Class of 2016
100% of seniors (127 graduates) took the PSAT/SAT and/or ACT before leaving GCHS.
|CR + M|
|Top 10% of class||1298|
|Top 20% of class||1261|
|Top 50% of class||1133|
Over three years, percentage of students accepted to:
4 year colleges and universities – 62%
2 year colleges/tech schools – 27% (including NJ STARS)
Military and Tech schools — 11%
You can click here to see a listing of the 4 year colleges that are accepting our
students (you’ll need Adobe® Acrobat Reader® to view the file).
The amount of scholarship and grant money offered to this class surpassed $11.5 million.
For the 2015-2016 school year, our students logged in excess of 26,000 hours of
community service for the entire student body.